Engine Company #2 was created in 1944.
The original Engine #2 was a 1937 Chevrolet Hose Wagon. This rig had a 500 GPM Darley pump but no water tank. The pump from this unit was re-mounted on the 1949 Chevrolet when it was purchased.
Engine 1 and Engine 2 ran as a two-piece company up until 1965 where one rig carried the water and the other carried the hose.
The second unit for Engine Company #2 was a 1951 Reo/High Welding. This rig had a Barton 500 GPM pump and a 1200 gallon water tank. The Reo served as an engine until 1979 when it was modified as a foam unit and was disposed of in 1986.
The current Engine 2 was purchased in 1978. This rig has a 1500 GPM pump and a 500 gallon water tank with a 40 gallon foam cell. Engine 2 was the first diesel powered vehicle and the first unit with crew seating (jump seats) purchased by Lafayette. This engine was the primary engine until 1991 when it was sent away for a total refurbishment. The refurbishment included a new body and water tank, a 4 door cab enclosure, pump overhaul and reconfigured preconnect beds.