Our volunteers have been busy this week covering calls and other tasks.
Saturday: Several members completed the PA State Basic RIT progran at the county training center. They spent the day practicing firefighter removals from the structure and through a series of obstacles. Some of these drills were run with their masks “blacked out” so they could not see at all requiring everyone to use their other senses to complete the rescue.
In the evening we responded to a working house fire (see post)
During the night crews responded to a motor vehicle accident in Lancaster Twp.
Sunday: The company handled 2 fire alarm activations
Monday: The company responded to a motor vehicle accident in the 2300 block of Lincoln Highway E.
Around 4pm, Tower 63 was sent to the Fulton Steamboat In n in 48’s local for a building fire. On arrival crews discovered the building had been struck by lightening causing a fire at the roof level. The tower crew worked on the roof and on the interior checking for extension.
Around 630pm the company was sent to the area of Hobson Rd. and Oakview for a car fire. Crews arrived to find an unlawful fire in a burn barrel and extinguished the fire. East Lampeter Twp. does have a burning ordinance and anyone who wishes to burn needs to contact the township office before doing so to check the legality of your fire.
Captain Mike Andrews was honored by the East Lampeter Twp. Board of Supervisors for reaching his 25th year of service to Lafayette. Firefighter Ethan Wickenheiser was also honored as our firefighter of the year at the same meeting. Several Lafayette members attended this meeting while several others conducted our weekly drill night at the station.
Tuesday: Crews responded to a motor vehicle accident in the 1000 block of E. King St.
As the crash was being cleared E63-1 and Squad 63-2 were alerted to a building fire at the Lancaster Country Club in Manheim Twp. Engine 1 was the second arriving engine and laid out 400′ of supply line from a complex hydrant to Engine 204. A small smoldering fire was discovered in the caddy shack.
Wednesday: Crews responded to an odor investigation at 3am on Willis Ln. in Lancaster Twp. The odor was discovered to be from a gasoline spill.
In the evening the Line Officers toured the new Tru by Hilton Hotel on Lincoln Hwy. E. – We frequently try to tour new construction sites and familiarize ourselves with new buildings so we can be prepared in the event a fire occurs there.